Sunday, July 6, 2008

Forex Tracer Performance Update 7-6-08

Greetings! I'm back from vacation with demo results for the new Forex
Tracer
EA. My demo statement can be viewed here.

You'll notice that the account equity declined almost 2% from 6/22 through today. The loss is primarily due to one trade which hit the 250 pip stop loss. This occurred during a very volitile day for the dollar. There were 5 winning trades for 30 pips each (3 longs and 2 shorts) and a couple minimal wins. I found it interesting that there was a fairly equal number of buys and sells and also that the EA was successful going in both direction.

I definitely am interested to see how this continues to perform. Check it out for yourself here. There is a 56-day money back guarantee so I would recommend putting it on a demo account to test it out.

Cheers!
Craig

3 comments:

Jim said...

Hi Craig,
I've gone back to using the new FAPS on a limited basis and have had good success.

I think you have to know when to use it, and when to turn it off.

Hope all's well with you and keep up th good info.

Jim

Craig said...

Have you noticed any difference in performance with the new version? Does it still primarily take long positions? I may test it again.
Thanks.

Jim said...

When I turned it on, it took a short position, then a number of longs and closed +120 pips in 48 hours. I closed the last position in profit on Friday as I still don't believe it knows its reaching historically high levels.

You can run multiple trades on the new version, and you can apparently trade around it without messing it up.

It works very well in trending markets. I'd still stay away from historic tops and news events.

When its working, it works tremendously well. I don't know if it is better than the older version but there are more options and apparently greater flexibility. I still don't know all there is about how to optimize it other than to trust what they tell you.

I personally will close out loosing trades when certain levels of support are violated. I understand you can set it to open a trade on one day and it will wait 24 hrs before opening another.
Thus it could draw down 200 pts and begin trading --- hopefully making money at the new lower level. Proper funding and lot size remains crucial and that has to be driven home to anyone using this EA.

JIm