Thursday, September 18, 2008

Forex Autopilot and The Wizard Performance Update

Hi All,

I'll start with my weekly update of the Forex Autopilot. It is running on an IBFX demo account with default settings, 2 max trades, since 9/4/2008. The good news is that the FAP has closed 800 pips. The bad news is that it is floating 2 losing trades totaling 630 pips. Net result is +170 pips for the month. Interestingly only 3 of the 40 closed trades were buys. It is definitely picking up on the downtrend; however, both my losers are short (1.3902 and 1.4104).

I am also testing The Wizard signal provider for stocks. I have used it for a week now and have done fairly well. I had one losing trade that I closed out for a 6% loss but 4 other winning trades. One of my trades was actually up 27% in one day! I sold half of the position at a 12% profit as the system instructed. It's way too early to make a recommendation on this system. With a $99/month cost it has to perform well to make it worthwhile. I will say that I feel there are some bugs in the portfolio feature. This allows you to track your open and pending trades. I had one trade close out although the position should have really stayed open. The support person has been responsive but is basically claiming that it's working as intended, although I know that it's not. Oh well, I bought it for the signals anyway.

Until next week,
Craig

No comments: