Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bogie-NN-v8 Performance Update and NEW Forex Autopilot Info

Hello All,

Now that summer is winding down I should have more time to stay current with my posting.

The Bogie-NN-v8 experienced issues picking up on the change in market direction in early August. I basically gave back all of the profit that I had made the weeks prior. I turned the EA off for about a week or so then started it up about two weeks ago. A week later and I was up about 15%. Today I turned the EA off after once again giving back all of the profit I earned. I am very disappointed as I had hopes that this EA was something special. Please take a look at CK's live results here. CK's EA was set to the original settings; however, it should be noted that Boatright issued new settings a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I was using some custom settings so I don't have results using the recommended settings.

I received an interesting email from Forex Autopilot yesterday. They claimed to be offering a new FAP that was capable of picking up on both up and down trends. I was actually amazed that they finally admitted that the weakness of the EA was that it couldn't pick up on downtrends!! Anyway, the new FAP is free to download for past purchasers so I gave it a try. My demo account closed 7 20-pip profitable trades since yesterday. Interestingly, most of the trades were shorts so I guess it is now capable of picking up on a down market.

I also discovered a site called FAP Winner. It was created by Charles Floyd, who claims to be a professional trader. The site includes a FAP EA with custom settings (you don't need to buy one separately), access to a fairly active forum for questions/answers about FAP, a custom trading plan, and a weekly trading strategy. I found the weekly trading strategy to be useful. He will note things such as: "set EA to only longs this week" or "set EA to trade only during European session". These recommendations seem to be well thought-out. I was concerned about something they call the "March to a Million". Charles will send you a custom trading plan set to your account balance and based on how you can reach a million dollars in two years. My first recommended trade was 1 standard lot for my $10,000 account. If you recall, FAP doesn't have a S/L so there is a potential for huge drawdown. A 400 pip DD would put me at 40% DD based on the trading plan. I don't feel that this is proper money management.

I am currently trading both the FAP Winner EA/trading strategy and the standard new FAP on a live account (set to 1 mini lot trades). I'll plan to share my results with you soon.

Cheers,
Craig

No comments: